Oreo truffles – the original cookie truffles! I couldn’t exactly post the other two varieties (Lemon Cheesecake Truffles and 3 Ingredient Strawberry Cheesecake Truffles) without posting the original, and in my opinion best. A wonderfully simple treat composed of a soft Oreo centre wrapped in creamy, sweet chocolate.
Just like the other cookie truffles, these are super-easy to make.
1 x 176g box Original Oreo’s
100g full fat cream cheese eg Philadelphia block, softened
200g white or milk chocolate
- Blitz the cookies in a food processor until you have quite fine crumbs. Remove a tablespoon of the crumbs and set aside for later.
- Add the softened cream cheese and process again until combined.
- Take heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. You can make them a little bigger or smaller if you like. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Using a fork, dip each truffle into the chocolate and allow the excess to drip off.
- Place on a wire cooling rack above a tray and decorate with the cookie crumbs you set aside earlier, before the chocolate sets.
The tray will catch any excess chocolate or sprinkles.
- Once all the truffles are coated, refrigerate again for at least an hour.