These pretty breakfast lollies are as pure and innocent as they look. We recently had some friends over for brunch. I wanted to make something fun for their little girls to eat. Fun, but still healthy.
Made with only yoghurt, fruit, honey and granola, these make for a refreshingly guilt-free treat. Needless to say the kids loved them, and were surprised that they were allowed a second helping.
No need to save them all for the kids though – they are also a handy on-the-go breakfast on a warm weekday, or a light dessert.
(Makes 8 x 80ml lollies)
450ml double cream yoghurt
5ml vanilla extract
About 250ml fruit*
- Stir together the yoghurt, 20ml honey, milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide the yoghurt mixture between your moulds, filling them about 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Drop your fruit into the yoghurt. Use the back of a spoon to push some pieces down so that the fruit is fairly evenly distributed. My moulds are quite small so I only used 1 piece of each type of fruit per mould.
- Mix the granola with the 50ml of honey. Use a teaspoon to top up each mould with a layer of the granola.
- Push an ice-cream stick into each and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- As the granola layer is a little sticky, it helps to dip the moulds in warm water before removing the lollies from the moulds.
*I used raspberries, blueberries, halved strawberries, halved green grapes, chopped pineapple and chopped nectarines