What do you get when you cross a gooey chocolate brownie with a crunchy chocolate cookie? A Brookie of course!
Although either a brownie or a chocolate cookie are perfectly delicious on their own, you don’t need to choose between them anymore. Brookies give you the best of both! A crispy cookie outside with a chewy fudgy middle – sure to satisfy even the strongest of chocolate cravings.
The Brookies may seem way too soft when you take them out the oven, but fear not! They will crisp up just enough after cooling.
225g butter, softened
15ml vanilla extract
2 large eggs
5ml baking soda
85g cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
250g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and beat well.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and add gradually to the creamed mixture until well combined.
- Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the mixture into balls, about 2,5cm in diameter. Place on the lined baking tray and gently press down to flatten each ball.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, then remove form the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes. This cooling time on the tray allows the biscuits to “bake” a little more and get crispy on the outside.
- Remove the brookies from the tray and leave to cool completely on a cooling rack, then store in an airtight container.