I am a huge fan of raspberries and love using them in desserts. Seeing as though they are in abundant supply at the moment, I was inspired to try a new recipe with them. My husband and I were off to visit friends for dinner and I offered to bring along a dessert (any excuse to get baking!). Having established that everyone liked cheesecake (seriously, who doesn’t?), I settled on a white chocolate cheesecake, covered in fresh raspberries. Tart, fresh raspberries complement sweet, creamy white chocolate perfectly – a match made in heaven!
I adapted a recipe from www.philadelphia.co.uk. I love a thick biscuit base so I increased the amount of biscuit crumbs used. The white chocolate Chock-kit biscuit crumbs enhance the white chocolatey flavour even more but you can try using only digestive biscuits.
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake
200g white chocolate Chock-kit biscuit crumbs
100g digestive biscuit crumbs
80g butter, melts
375g cream cheese, softened
150g castor sugar
2,5ml finely grated lemon rind
10g gelatine granules
50ml hot water
200g white chocolate, melted and cooled
150g raspberries, fresh or frozen
200g fresh raspberries
Icing sugar for dusting
- Combine biscuit crumbs and melted butter, and press into the base of a 20cm spring form tin. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind together until smooth.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the hot water and allow to cool then fold into the cream cheese mixture together with the white chocolate.
- Fold in the raspberries and pour the mixture onto the biscuit base.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours until set.
- Decorate with fresh raspberries. Dust with icing sugar before serving.